The Faculty of Surgical Trainers - Membership
Membership of the faculty is open to surgical trainers in Ireland, the faculty is here to support you in your role as a trainer.
The criteria for membership is detailed below along with the application process.
The eligibility criteria for membership of the faculty are:
- Hold a permanent consultant contract within the public health systems on the island of Ireland
- Hold Specialist Registration in good standing with the Medical Council of Ireland or GMC.
- Have an active, informed and continued interest in the postgraduate surgical education on the island of Ireland.
- Practice in a hospital which is recognized for training in the appropriate surgical specialty and be the registered Assigned Educational Supervisor or Clinical Supervisor for trainees on the national surgical training programmes on the island of Ireland.
- Completed an RCSI recognized train the trainer programme within the last 4 years
- Membership application is supported by the Specialty Training Committee or ISPTC.
Process for Application for Membership
Trainers who would like to apply for membership can complete the attached application form.
Applications for membership, are considered by the relevant Specialty Training Committee.
Following consideration, the committee can then propose individual trainers for membership following the successful completion of a recognized train the trainer programme.